Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great quote… / You won’t believe this!

As I pulled on to my street coming home from Salt Lake tonight my GPS in my truck instructed me to: “Perform a U-turn where allowed, then perform a U-turn where allowed.”  Hmmm.  Why not just say, “do a doughnut?”  You can’t make this stuff up, folks!

Unbelievable

I don’t know if others will appreciate this as much as I do, and I’m kind of a nerd for getting excited about it.

I’ve been using the same electric razor for about ten years now.  (It’s a really nice one so I keep giving it new blades and replacing the batteries when they won’t take a charge any longer.)  Back at the end of June it wasn’t taking a charge any longer, so I replaced the batteries, and immediately charged them for the normal half hour.  It is now the beginning of October and it is still running on that same charge.  I haven’t had to charge it in over three months!  On the original set of batteries it would go for about 40 minutes (around 4-5 shaves, or about one week) before the batteries would be dead and it needed to be charged again.  So far it has run for somewhere around 8.5 hours on one charge!  And it’s still going!  Those are some pretty amazing batteries.  Note to self: buy battery manufacturer’s stock; they’ve got something special going on.

4 comments:

Lalis said...

So... what batteries are these?

Cheryl H said...

Isn't it so funny the things that make us happy? That is great. I need some of that manufacturer's batteries. With 3 kids in the house and so many electronic toys, we buy batteries at Costco or Sams and they don't stick around nearly long enough. Pretty soon I'll be running a baby swing and that thing really sucks them down.

DoubleDeej said...

They are Energizer recharageable AAs:

http://www.energizer.com/products/hightech-batteries/rechargeables/Pages/rechargeable-battery-charger.aspx

I have the 15 minute charger for them so even if they go dead I can pop them in the charger and start using them again in 15 minutes. They last a lot longer than any disposables I've ever used too.

Pinky Homer said...

You crack me up Doug! I love your quote! I do love rechargeable batteries ... almost everything at my house has them now!

Google Search