Sunday, May 31, 2009

Show us your computer!

Just for fun, show the world your computing work/play environment. Whether that be an actual desk, or a comfy couch where you do your computing, show the world what works for you.

DJWorkstation

Here are the rules:

1. Copy and paste this blog post into your own blog without modifying the rules.

2. You aren’t allowed to clean it up for the picture. We want to see real-world setups, not “I hired an interior designer just for this photo” pictures. No cleaning, no reorganizing. Everything just the way it is right now, no matter how messy, clean, organized it may be.

3. Tell us who prompted you to post pictures of your workstation. Ideally, post links to their blog post where they posted their own photos. Paste below:

(Since I started this, I can’t post any links to anyone else, sorry!)

4. Tell us anything you want about your setup. Why you work where you do. Anything unique about your computing environment. Paste below:

I’m definitely not neat when it comes to my desk. It always has piles of stuff on it, as you can see.

I’m a definite computer multitasker. And since most of the software I use regularly takes up a lot of screen space I work with multiple monitors all of the time. Here four of the available 6 are turned on and running, with the old CRT monitor and LCD TV making up the other two when needed. The monitor on the far right is a touch screen. That’s the display for my Mac off to the left.

In addition to doing software development, I also run my little recording studio and video editing setup from here. That explains the acoustic foam, audio equipment, and piano. I also have Blu-ray and full surround sound setup in here for those time I watch movies while I work.

The actual computer itself is in the room next to the room pictured here, so you won't see it. That way any sounds the computer makes (fan noise, beeps, etc.) are totally inaudible here. I had to run a 2.5" bundle of various extension cables through the wall to pull that off, but the room is completely silent that way.

5. We prefer to have YOU in the picture too, but if you can’t pull that off, we still want to see where you work.

6. Paste in a high resolution image if you can. Not so high that we can read your checking account number on your monitor, but high enough that we get an idea what you’ve got going on technology and space-wise.

7. Post on your blog, and share with the world!

8. Tag friends and other blog readers to do the same.

9. Paste a link to your blog entry on my blog in the comments.

10. Optionally, post a link to your blog entry back in the comments section of the blog entry that started it all, http://doubledeej.blogspot.com/2009/05/show-us-your-computers.html.

2 comments:

Travis said...

That is a pretty serious setup you have there!

DoubleDeej said...

Thanks, Javisero! It keeps me busy.

Google Search