Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling A Little Overwhelmed Today

I'm kind of feeling a little bit overwhelmed with everything I have to get done in the next little while. Here's just a sampling:

  • Edit the video I shot at a college graduation a few weeks ago, make several copies of the DVD, and send them off.
  • Edit the video I shot for my friend Amber's wedding and make a DVD, and send it off.
  • Edit the video I shot of my sister Christine performing at Velour, and post it for my family.
  • Copy and send out the recording of Christine playing at Ozz, and send it to my family.
  • Edit pictures I shot for Michael & Kiley's wedding, and order prints.
  • Edit and mix down recordings I made of Richard and Gabe forever ago.
  • Edit family pictures taken at Christmas, make DVDs of the video I shot at Christmas the last three years, and get those sent out.
  • Make several significant changes to a tuxedo rental system I just created, and install and train the store owner and employees on how to use it.
  • Extract the audio for a golf seminar from a hard drive recorder, burn DVDs, and send them off.
  • Order more equipment and install another two antennas in my stake center for an upcoming stake conference.
  • Make changes in FileBack PC (my backup software) to make it work better on Windows Vista, and fix a bug preventing encrypted backups from being restored. (Most of those parts are done.) After making changes, build a new release package, a new update package, upload both, notify the sites hosting the program that a new version is available, then send out announcements to my customers of the changes and that a new version is available.
  • Move my company web site to a new server.
  • Start cleaning the house in preparation for my parents visiting next week, and sister Cheryl and her family the following week.
  • Arrange and build a float for the Freedom Festival 4th of July parade.
  • Write a synthesizer engine for my GuitarToy software, finish debugging, create a web site and press releases, and post it.
  • Do final cleanup on my ActiveClip utility, build a web site for it, and release it.
  • Update my stake web site's calendar. I think I'm only 3 months behind right now.
  • Build an inventory manager for the point-of-sale software I'm working on. And build the employee scheduling module. Plus a ton of other changes.
  • One of these days, shoot and edit a training video for the point-of-sale system.

That's just what comes to mind immediately. Mostly this is my own checklist of things to work on. But it's depressing because I think I'm getting farther and farther behind rather than getting caught up. Anybody know where I can have a clone made?

1 comment:

Cheryl H said...

Sounds crazy busy. I hope you have some time to get all of that done, more than just a week or two. Personally I'm not trying to do much of anything at the moment. I'm pretty much hoping the house is going to pack and clean itself in time for our move. : )
Can't wait to see you--less than 2 weeks!!

Google Search