Thursday, June 11, 2009

New iPhone

With all of the “I love the iPhone” articles out there (so much for objective journalism) I want very badly to write my own on where Apple dropped the ball with the new iPhone, but I’m going to bite my tongue.

That is all.

The lack of multitasking is a definite deal breaker for serious smartphone users. Battery life, though it is supposed to be better, is still going to be atrocious.  Battery use with the phone is going to remain unchanged.  How about a BIGGER BATTERY? Exchange support is still very much half-baked.  Why won’t they synchronize folders other than the Inbox?  And where is Search? AT&T is the worst decision that Apple ever made.  Thankfully I think they’re regretting it now, and maybe they’ll do something else.  Video editing?  On a phone?  Seriously?  Fix the other stuff first! Tethering is a nice addition, but it looks like AT&T is probably going to charge up the yin-yang for the privilege.  (It is, always has been, and will remain free on my phone.)

No comments:

Google Search