Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things I’m Excited About

Forever Strong on DVD

Forever Strong

The movie Forever Strong is now available on DVD.  This is an excellent movie!  I highly recommend it to all.  I just ordered my copy on DVD and it should be arriving in a few days.

Parker Lewis Can’t Lose on DVD

Parker Lewis Can't Lose: The Complete First Season

I loved the TV show Parker Lewis Can’t Lose in the early 90s.  But almost nobody remembers it, so I feel like I’m alone in my love of it.  But finally, after literal years of waiting, the DVDs of the first season are coming out at the end of June.  Maybe I’ll even get it in time to watch it on the plane ride to Denver.

Celtic Woman Concert at Red Rocks

image

I’m very excited to be going to the Celtic Woman concert at Red Rocks in Colorado.  It’s only a month away now.  Is it ironic that I’m really excited about it, considering I have already seen the show?  Maybe its because I’m going to be in the front row!

Zune HD coming in September

image

The new Zune HD should be hitting store shelves in the first week of September.  It’s going to be a competitor to the iPod Touch, but with the usual Zune perks like WiFi syncing, well thought-out interface, and near-universal media compatibility.  Considering that the iPod Touch won’t play most of my music, mine has been of limited use. 

I’m still not a fan of music players without buttons to select tracks and adjust volume.  But the Zune HD looks like it is going to be pretty cool with its OLED display, high definition video capability, ability to play HD video out to televisions, and coming integration with the Xbox 360 for video playback.

This won’t replace my current 80GB Zune, but it will supplement it well.  Even though my 80GB has a pretty large screen and lots of storage, the screen on the Zune HD is going to blow away everything currently on the market.  This will probably become my primary portable video player.

No comments:

Google Search