Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pet Peeve #367

<RANT>

It’s a minor thing, I know, but it still bugs me when people use my computers and maximize windows, especially web browsers.  I have large, high resolution monitors on most of my machines, and it’s really hard to read paragraphs of text when each line is 18 inches long.  It’s too hard to figure out which line of text you’re supposed to read next.  Most web sites don’t even work right when they are that wide, or leave huge columns of blank space on both sides of the screen, wasting tons of space.

And yet it seems like nearly everyone who uses one of my computers does it.  I don’t know why, other than force of habit.  It irritates me that they do, and especially that they leave it that way when they leave.

</RANT>

1 comment:

Lalis said...

Ok, so I wanted to let you know that I loved the fact that you used HTML code to start your 'rant' on this comment... And when I tried posting it I got this message:
Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed: < RANT >
HAHAHA!!

Anyway, I guess this makes me an even bigger nerd than I thought I already was.... Uhh... NERDS RULE! :)

Google Search