Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy Weekend

I just finished a busy weekend...

On Friday night my sister Christine played at Ozz in Provo.  And I did sound for her.  But I didn't have all of the equipment I wanted (well, I did, but it's big and I didn't want to haul it all for a small gig like that), so I spent Friday buying, setting up, and testing stuff before her performance that night.  

She did a pretty good job, though her nerves still seem to be getting to her a little bit.  She played two of her own original songs, and three covers.  She was definitely the best performer for the duration of time what we stuck around.   The guy who played right after her didn't even know what he was going to play, and asked for requests... And he didn't know a single song that anyone asked for.  Dumb, dumb, dumb... Performers should never do that. 

Saturday morning I had a job videotaping the graduation for Provo College.  It took place in the Provo Tabernacle.  Brad was more than willing to help with a second camera, and I wanted to give Brent some practice running a camera, so he came too.  We had four cameras running; I was operating the main camera, directing, and running audio, all at the same time.  Brad took camera #2 and made occasional adjustments on camera #3, which was locked down to give a good shot of the graduates as they walked up on stage.  Setup took Brad and I two hours, but that's after the two days I spent getting equipment ready earlier in the week.  In any case, everything under our control went really well.   Taking down took about an hour and a half with all three of us working on it, after which we went to Applebee's for lunch.  I wasn't really hungry though, so I boxed up my chicken sandwich and ate it Saturday evening.

Not much happened Sunday, except that I slept most of the late afternoon and evening.  I guess my body was telling me I had been pushing myself a little too hard the last several days.  But I feel much better now.  :)

No comments:

Google Search