Saturday, June 7, 2008

Iron Man

I went and saw Iron Man tonight.  I liked it.

It seemed to take forever to get to the point where he is actually fighting crime, but it picked up about half way through. 

I think I really like Gwyneth Paltrow as an actress.  I haven't seen a lot of her movies, but she always does an excellent job.  I might have to make a point of seeing some more.

The action was a little over the top, but that's what you expect from the comic book-inspired movies.  It doesn't really take away from what the movie is, though.

Overall: Fun movie, worth seeing.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Robert Downey Jr. apparently talked Gwyneth Paltrow into taking the part by saying something like unto "here's your chance to be in a movie people will actually see." I thought that was funny.

I like Gywneth Paltrow. She sings alright as well - although don't rent "Duets" that is a bad movie. haha.

I really liked Iron Man, and now that you mention it, I thought it took a lot of time to get to the crime fighting as well. I really liked the chemistry between RDJ and GP...I liked the banter style of talking they used...it made them seem very comfortable with each other, which is how they are supposed to be and it made me like them both a lot more.

k. i'm done now. :)

Google Search